Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Can-Am OUTLANDER 1000 XT
USED INVENTORY 5-1-19 001
The Outlander XT provides even more intuitive handling and control over the best-in-class power ATV. With new Tri-mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS), you can adjust assistance level based on riding style and situation. It also includes heavy-duty bumpers and a winch. The revolutionary new Surrounding Spar Technology (SST G2) frame for a lower center of gravity, better handling and with fewer components.
XT Added Features
Tri-mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™): The Tri-Mode DPS™ features three rider-selectable modes (MIN, MED and MAX) of steering depending on rider preference. The system is designed to offer less assist at high speed and more assist at low speed. This technology also includes a Direct Link setup that uses advanced magnetic field sensors for faster response to steering input than competitive technology, which then minimizes steering lag. Less kickback and more trail feedback is supplied to the operator because of the 50:1 final gear ratio, which is the largest in the industry. A high-capacity 50-amp motor means the DPS™ will never fade with heavy use and all DPS™-equipped models also come with the Visco-Lok® QE.
Visco-Lok® QE auto-locking front differential: All DPS-equipped models have the Visco-Lok® QE calibration up front, which has all the features and benefits of the standard quick-engagement Visco-Lok® differential, but with an even quicker engagement point. This differential, unlike some competitors' differentials, does not have a speed limiter.
3,000-lb WARN® winch with roller fairlead, wired remote control & integrated remote storage: This powerful 3,000-lb (1,361 kg) capacity factory-installed winch is equipped with a wired remote control that neatly stows in the underside of the ATV's front storage compartment cover.
Painted computer-optimized cast-aluminum wheels: The center-less design reduces unsprung weight and offers improved strength. Durability was increased in strategic areas while excess material was eliminated in other spots to save weight.
26 in. Carlisle® ACT radial tires: These 26 in., 3-ply tires feature a tread pattern that is aggressive enough to tackle the toughest terrain, yet provide a smooth ride in a lightweight package.
Heavy-duty front and rear bumpers: The front and rear bumpers are factory installed and are covered by a factory warranty. The added protection gives peace of mind in rugged conditions.
Handlebar with wind deflectors: Premium look and protection from brush and cold.
650-W magneto: This package provides a more powerful magneto with 650 watts of power output.
- 82-hp Rotax 1000, V-Twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve (4-valve/ cyl)
- New from the ground up SST G2 frame
- Torsional Trailing arm Independent rear suspension (TTI)
- New high-strength multi-function rack design with innovative and exclusive LinQ quick-attach accessory system
- 5.7 US gal (21.4L) water-resistant rear storage box
- New 82-hp Rotax 1000 V-Twin, liquid-cooled engine: This engine is the most powerful in the industry with 82-hp. The liquid-cooled, single overhead cam power plant has four valves per cylinder, a 46-mm throttle body and two VDO Siemens® fuel injectors. The EFI system keeps the 1000 engine's performance at its peak and a progressive throttle ensures power is manageable whether in precise rock crawling or opening it up on the straights.
- Torsional Trailing arm Independent rear suspension (TTI): The only independent rear suspension that eliminates scrub and camber changes, meaning the wheels pivot up and down rather than in a butterfly motion like competitors' systems. This ensures the vehicle only moves in the direction you point it. With fewer moving parts than competitive systems. The proven Torsional Trailing arm Independent (TTI) rear suspension has been reconfigured to offer increased rigidity and improved suspension travel at 9.3 inches (236 mm) and includes a removable external sway bar. The updates lead to lower pivot points providing geometric squatting for improved traction and the transfer of power to the ground.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with engine braking: For ease of use, you can count on the CVT transmission that features engine braking to help slow you when going downhill.
- Double A-arm with dive-control geometry: Includes dive-control geometry for better cornering and vehicle-braking dynamics and anti-kickback geometry for better steering feel. The 9 in. of suspension travel increase trail comfort and aggressive riding capability.
- 214-mm disc brakes with twin-piston calipers: The 1000 and 800R now feature outboard hydraulic disc brakes. The front setup uses large 214-mm disc brakes with twin-piston calipers for superior stopping power. At the rear, the models use a single twin-piston caliper and 214-mm hydraulic disc brake that is located in the right, rear wheel.
- High-strength, multi-function racks with LinQ quick-attach accessory system: The new Outlander ATVs have redesigned cargo racks offering more convenience, greater durability, improved versatility and industry-leading cargo hauling prowess. High-strength, reinforced composite racks replace the tubular steel setup. The innovative racks feature an integrated anti-skid surface and elevated ridges for improved cargo holding. Numerous edges and holes improve use with tie-downs and bungee cords. Additional predetermined “cutouts” were also added for use with Can-Am's exclusive LinQ accessory system, which is adaptable and customizable for various uses and products. LinQ accessories are already available from Can-Am dealers. Combined rack capacity is 300-lb (100-lb front / 200-lb rear).
- 2-in. receiver hitch: The Outlander offers a sizeable, 1,300-pound towing capacity and a new 2-in. receiver hitch as standard equipment.
- 230-W Headlights. The most lightning output of any ATV in the industry: Restyled headlights project Can-Am heritage and also offer enhanced visibility for trail riding. On high beam, the twin 60-watt projectors and dual 55-watt reflectors give the Outlander 230 watts of visual clarity.
- Large 5.4-gal (20.5L) fuel tank: 25 percent more fuel capacity, which means you can ride longer. Total capacity is 5.4 gallons (20.5 L).
- D.E.S.S.™ (Digitally Encoded Security System): Outlander models feature the exclusive D.E.S.S.™ anti-theft system. The ATV will not start unless a coded microchip in the key matches a code embedded in the engine control module. It means only you can start your vehicle.
- Redesigned air box: The new air box was reconfigured and placed at a higher and more centralized location for filtering and processing air. The no-tools air box features a dual-room design that improves the air filtration process and the quality of air by capturing dirty air in one portion of the box and clean air in another section before it sends the air to the engine. Along with the relocated air box the air intake is also higher in the frame to improve the machine's capabilities in the mud and water.
- New Surrounding Spar Technology (SST G2) frame with Geometric Contact Control: The next generation and industry-exclusive Surrounding Spar Technology (SST G2) frame. The welded-steel frame incorporates new processes and updated geometry for increased structural integrity, improved durability and precision handling. The more efficient SST G2 design offers increased strength compared to a traditional tubular steel chassis, a lower center of gravity, better handling and requires far fewer components, materials and welds.
- Center skid plate: The new high-strength skid plate on the Outlander 1000 and 800R is made from proven materials and is designed for supreme protection and has the ability to slide over certain obstacles. Made of 5-mm thick injection-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Visco-Lok® auto-locking 4x4 front differential: The Visco-Lok® 4 x 4 system constantly monitors front wheel speed and, if it detects one wheel spinning faster than the other, it progressively sends more power to the wheel with the better traction. And it does it all without the rider having to lift a finger.
- 5.7-gal (21.6L) water-resistant rear storage box: A huge 5.7-gallon (21.6L) rear storage box offers industry-leading cargo capacity and is located beneath the rear cargo rack. The more convenient location means riders can access the water-resistant, sealed storage box even when the rear cargo rack is loaded.
- Easy access for maintenance: Can-Am engineers succeeded at producing a more maintenance-friendly setup on the new Outlander. The battery was relocated beneath the seat to offer easier access and improved protection. The rear brake fluid reservoir, solenoid starter and relays were also placed under the seat.
- Dual taillights: The new Outlander 1000 and 800R taillights offer a stylish design and increased visibility for trail riding.
- Multi-function digital gauge: Tells the rider everything in one easy glance. Our easy-to-read multi-function gauge is equipped with a digital information center including a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter, gear position, hour meter, engine hour meter, temperature and engine lights, fuel gauge and a clock function.
- Computer-optimized cast-aluminum wheels: The center-less design reduces unsprung weight and offers improved strength. Durability was increased in strategic areas while excess material was eliminated in other spots to save weight.
- Tri-mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS)
- Visco-Lok® QE auto-locking front differential
- 3,000-lb WARN winch
- Heavy-duty front and rear bumpers
- Handlebar wind deflectors
- Type: 976cc, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve (4-valve/cyl)
- Bore & Stroke: 91 x 75 mm
- EFI System / Carburetor: 46-mm Throttle Body, 2 Siemens® VDO injectors
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: CVT, sub-transmission with high, low, park, neutral & reverse. Standard engine braking
- Drive Train: Selectable 2w/4w shaft driven with Visco-Lok® front differential
- Frame: SST G2
- Front Suspension Type/Shocks: Double A-arm
- Front Suspension Travel: 9 in. (229 mm)
- Rear Suspension Type/Shocks: Torsional Trailing arm Independent (TTI)
- Rear Suspension Travel: 9.3 in. (236 mm)
- Front Brakes: Dual 214 mm ventilated disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Single 214 mm ventilated disc brake with hydraulic twin-piston caliper
- Tires/Front: 26 x 8 x 12 in. (660 x 203 x 305 mm)
- Tires/Rear: 26 x 10 x 12 in. (660 x 254 x 305 mm)
- Wheels: Cast-aluminum
- L x W x H: 86 x 46 x 44 in. (2,184 x 1,168 x 1,118 mm)
- Wheelbase: 51 in. (1,295 mm)
- Seat Height: 34.5 in. (877 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 12 in. (305 mm)
- Dry Weight: 747 lb. (339 kg)
- Towing Capacity: 1,300 lb. (590 kg)
- Front Rack Capacity: 100 lb. (45 kg)
- Rear Rack Capacity: 200 lb. (90 kg)
- Storage: Rear storage 5.7 US gal (21.4 L)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.4 US gal (20.5 L)
- Instrumentation: Multi-function digital LCD gauge: Speedometer, tachometer (bar graph RPM, bottom bar numerical RPM), odometer, trip & hour meters, diagnostic center, gear position, engine hour meter, 4x4 indicator, temperature and engine lights, fuel gauge, clock, auto shut off after 15 minutes
- Anti-Theft: D.E.S.S.™ (Digitally Encoded Security System)
- Electrical: Prewired for winch
- Lighting: 230-watt from twin 60-watt reflectors and dual 55-watt projectors with tail light/brake light
- DC Outlet: Lighter type in console, standard connector in the back (15A)
- Color(s) available: Black, Yellow
- Basic: 6 months limited factory warranty
- Extended: B.E.S.T. available from 12 to 36 months
- Engine Type
- 976cc, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve (4-valve/cyl)
- Bore x Stroke
- 91 x 75 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 46-mm Throttle Body, 2 Siemens® VDO injectors
- Starting System
- 650 W
- Front Suspension
- Double A-arm
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (229 mm)
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 214 mm ventilated disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers
- Front Tires
- 26 x 8 x 12 in. (660 x 203 x 305 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Torsional Trailing arm Independent (TTI)
- Rear Travel
- 9.3 in. (236 mm)
- Rear Brake Type
- Single 214 mm ventilated disc brake with hydraulic twin-piston caliper
- Rear Tires
- 26 x 10 x 12 in. (660 x 254 x 305 mm)
- SST G2
- Dry Weight
- 747 lb. (339 kg)
- Front Rack Capacity
- 100 lb. (45 kg)
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 200 lb. (90 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 1,300 lb. (590 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.4 US gal (20.5 L)
- Ground Clearance
- 12 in. (305 mm)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 86 x 46 x 44 in. (2,184 x 1,168 x 1,118 mm)
- 51 in. (1,295 mm)
- Drive Train
- Selectable 2w/4w with Visco-Lok® front differential
- Final Drive
- CVT, sub-transmission with high, low, park, neutral & reverse. Standard engine braking
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- 230-watt from twin 60-watt reflectors and dual 55-watt projectors with tail light/brake light
- Black, Yellow
- Basic: 6 months limited factory warranty; Extended: B.E.S.T. available from 12 to 36 months